There are plenty of places you can find moving tips online. But if you want true, tested moving tips and advice from the pros, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got helpful moving advice, concerning everything from packing and organization to unpacking and settling in. Our goal is to simplify the moving process from start to finish and make your relocation a breeze from the planning stages all the way through moving day. Use Admiral Moving Services’ professional moving tips to your advantage for your upcoming move!
Tips for Before Your Move – Packing and Planning
Our moving professionals have over 15 years of experience in the moving industry. This makes us experts in the entire moving process, which includes packing and planning. Regardless of whether you’re moving local or long distance, one thing is for certain: you need to pack your stuff!
Having the right supplies is crucial. Obviously, you’ll need boxes and bubble wrap or packing paper, as well as tape and scissors. It can also be a good idea to label all of your boxes so you can stay organized on moving day and while you’re settling in to your new home.
Here are a few more helpful packing tips from the pros:
- Purge!If you don’t use it where you live now, what makes you think you’ll start using it after you move? Get rid of things you don’t need.
- Pack one room at a time. This makes unpacking much easier because everything will be organized in a way that makes sense.
- Remove only fragile items from drawers. When moving a bureau or chest, you can leave anything that isn’t fragile in the drawers. This includes clothes and small items that won’t break when the chest is in transit. This minimizes the work you’ll have to do while unpacking!
- Label your moving boxes. As we mentioned above, you can label boxes to remember what items each box contains and which room it belongs in. Use markers or colored sticky notes to stay organized.
To avoid some or all of this stress, you can hire Admiral Moving Services to perform the packing portion of the move for you!
Tips for During Your Move – What to Do on Moving Day
Once the packing stage is taken care of, you just have to make sure you’ve planned for moving day properly. The first step and this is crucial is hiring a reputable and reliable moving company in your area to perform your move. That’s where Admiral Moving Services comes in!
Here are some helpful tips that will get you and your family through moving day with as little stress as possible:
- Supervise your movers. To make sure everything handled and packed/loaded the way you want it, feel free to watch over your movers as they load the truck. However, remember that your moving professionals are there to helpso, don’t prevent them from doing their jobs.
- Keep pets and children safe. This will make the movers’ jobs much easier when moving heavy items.
- Set important items aside. If you plan on moving specific boxes or items yourself, set them aside so your movers know not to load them onto the truck.
- Pack an overnight bag. This is one of the items you should set aside and take with you when you move. Any essential supplies and items for your first night in the new home should be included in this bag. Here are some suggestions:
- Chargers for laptops/mobile devices
- Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothbrushes/toothpaste and deodorant
- Shower curtain
- Toilet paper
- Essential medication
Tips for After Your Move Unpacking and Settling In
Just because you’ve arrived at your destination doesn’t mean the moving process is complete. When unpacking and settling into your new home, there are some important things to remember. Here are some of Admiral Moving Services’ best tips for after your move:
- Do not procrastinate when packing. Get started as soon as possible, but don’t rush the process either. Make it a gradual process, putting each item right where you want it until your new place feels like home.
- Stay organized while unpacking. Remember that labeling system you used during the packing stage? This will come in handy when you’re putting everything in its place.
- Start with the bathroom and kitchen essentials. You should be unpacking room by room anyway. These rooms are usually the most important!
- Take a break from unpacking and explore your neighborhood. Get acclimated to your new environment by taking a walk or drive. Talk to some neighbors or go shopping at the local supermarket. You’re bound to meet someone interesting!
Admiral Moving Services and its staff are 100% committed to giving customers the best and most efficient moving experience possible. This entails working out every detail of the complex moving process, from packing to settling in. We’re here to help.